Monday

Reflections for the Missional Long Haul (2 Cor. 5:6-10)

Photo by Trey Ratcliff

Today, I want to share my sermon notes from several weeks back on 2 Corinthians 5.  In reading the passage, I felt the Lord leading me really to a number of principles for missionaries to promote their endurance -- to help them press on to the end.  The "long haul" is something I really need strength for these days.  So, you can download my full notes on the message here.  Now for a summary:

I asked my congregation to reflect on five things as they considered how they might endure as missionaries.

1. An attitude we desire -- Confidence (5:6)

2. An obstacle we must come to terms with -- "in the body" = "away from the Lord" (5:6)

3. An engine we must turn on -- Longing for eternity (5:7-8)

4. An aim we must focus on -- Pleasing the Lord (5:9)

5. An end we are prepared for -- Reward (5:10)


Blessing to you as you seek to press on!

No comments:

Post a Comment