Coming in November, a handful of Trinity teammates will be traveling to Ethiopia and Uganda with our dear friend, Wilbur Sargunaraj for what is sure to be an busy and fruitful several days of work.
The highlights and goals of our trip are as follows:
- To host 3-4 "Simple Superstar" community concerts feat. Wilbur Sargunaraj to bless children and families impacted by poverty, HIV/AIDS in both Ethiopia and Uganda. Local leaders from our ministries Goh Bright Future and Endiro will help us facilitate this. In most cases, these concerts will include free meals for members of the community.
- To investigate opportunities for potential international or local workers to "MoveIn" to needy communities as well as to secure part or full-time employment. The need for more laborers in this mission field is critical and we hope this trip will enable us to develop concrete plans for mobilization.
- To record multiple short films and music videos which will highlight our East African children's work, raise awareness of the opportunities and challenges presented by global migration, and to honor some cool aspects of East African life and culture. Films will be used specifically by our East African ministries (Goh Bright Future and Endiro) to raise awareness and to mobilize prayer and laborers. The diaspora short film will be premiered at Manila 2015: Lausanne Global Forum on Diaspora Mission.
- To study more carefully diaspora South Asian Hindu and Muslim populations especially in Uganda and opportunities to minister among them.
- To facilitate greater collaboration between our Ethiopian and Ugandan ministries in order to share best practices and resources. We hope to see more church planting result in Uganda and more self-sustaining mission practices in Ethiopia.
Financial Needs for the Trip [GIVE NOW]:
We need to raise a large amount of money in a very short time in order to make this trip possible. The team that is going will include myself along with teammates originally from India, Bhutan, Ethiopia and Uganda. It will be a fantastic, multi-cultural team. Here is a breakdown of the costs:
Air Travel (5 persons): 7300
Community Concerts: 2000
Vehicle Rental: 400
Sound mixing/recording: Donated
Video recording/editings: Donated
Raised thus far: 10.2% ($1050)
That is a large amount of money that we need to raise very quickly. Please give your gift of support today. We have well over a thousand people who follow our ministry, pray for us, and have been blessed by our work in the past. If everyone gives even a very small amount, we will be well on our way. Give now here!
[Note: Your gifts of support are made to Trinity International Baptist Mission a licensed 501c3 charity. Your donations are fully tax deductible and you will receive a giving record. Our online giving is secured by PayPal.]